Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Come into the Court House in Norristown between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 12 p.m. Monday – Friday. Take the elevator to the Second Floor to Court Administration. At the half-door, you’ll see a sign that says “Protection from Abuse."
For after hours, call 800-773-2424. You will be directed to a district judge.
Show All Answers
You can find the list of filing fees here.
The DUTIES OF THE PROTHONOTARY
The Prothonotary is the elected civil clerk of the Court of Common Pleas and is responsible for recording all civil procedures before the court. This official signs and seals all writs and processes numerous other documents of the Court of Common Pleas.
The Office of Prothonotary is responsible for the recording and filing of legal papers of a widely diversified character such as:Change of NameCustodyDistrict Court AppealsDivorceDriver’s License Suspension AppealsLandlord-TenantFederal Income Tax LiensJudgmentsMechanics LiensMedical MalpracticePersonal InjuryProtection From Abuse (PFA)
Our office hours are from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday. Click here to view the Prothy homepage
Cash (as close to exact amount as possible), Certified Check, Money Order, or Attorney’s checks (attorneys checks are not accepted for escrow payments. Certified checks or money orders only). Credit Card payments are only accepted when using our Electronic Filing System.
Yes, they are. You can view the docket entries for free on our Civil Viewer. If you want to view the actual filings, there is a “Pay per Page” charge. You are allowed to view the pleadings only once for the fee. When you view it, you should print it or save it because you will only see it one time for the price you are charged. That fee is $.50 for the first page and $.10 for each additional page. We accept Master Card, Visa, or American Express as payment. Attorneys get one free look if they are registered for E-Filing and they are Attorney of record on the case.
Yes, you can conduct a search on individuals or businesses. Please click on Civil Viewer on our website.
You may come to the Prothonotary’s Office Monday through Friday or you may send a request in the mail along with your case number, a self-addressed stamped envelope, and $5.25. If you do not know your case number, you will need to send an additional $9.00 to cover the cost of a search. Never send cash. You can use cash if you come to the Court House in person, but through the mail please use Certified Check or Money Order.
Yes, but there is a fee. Copies are $.25 per page. Docket printouts are $1.75 per page.
• After checking out, you’ll be taken back to the shopping cart and you’ll see “Recently Paid Views.”
• There you’ll see an expiration date (documents have to be viewed or downloaded within 24 hours of purchase).
• Click on the “View” link to view the document on the Viewer.
• You can print or save (select either the print icon or an icon to view as a PDF and then download it).
Did you check your email?
You should receive an email with links, the receipt number, and the expiration day and time. If you didn’t receive an email, see this document for help.
The following issues can prevent you from viewing purchased documents:
• Your 24-hour viewing window has expired.
• You’re not signed in to the account used to purchase documents.
- Sign in to your account. You should see the links in your Shopping Cart.
• You purchased the documents as a guest, but now you’re signed in to an account and trying to view the documents.
- If you bought the documents as a guest, they won’t be in your account’s Shopping Cart.
- Instead, go to your email from us and follow the links to view the documents.
• You’re using Internet Explorer
- Please use Chrome or another browser.