NORRISTOWN, PA – The Montgomery County Office of Public Health announced today that pre-registration for the COVID-19 vaccine is now available for people who qualify for Phase 1B.
Pre-registration can be accessed by visiting www.montcopa.org/COVID-19vaccine
and clicking on the “COVID-19 Vaccine Registration” button or by calling the COVID-19 hotline at (833) 875-3967.
People in the following Phase 1B categories will be prioritized for appointments per the Pennsylvania Department of Health order:
- Law enforcement, which includes police, sheriffs and deputies, constables, corrections officers and staff, as well as probation and parole staff.
- Firefighters, including career and volunteer firefighters.
- Grocery Store workers, including all workers in supermarkets and grocery stores.
- Food and agriculture workers, including all food processing company employees, including meat, poultry, dairy processing, fresh fruit and vegetable packing operations, food manufacturing, farmworkers, farm operators, and farm managers, including at agriculture operations.
Remaining Phase 1B categories include:
- People in congregate settings not otherwise specified as long-term care facilities, and persons receiving home and community-based services
- First responders
- Other workers serving people in congregate care settings not included in Phase 1A
- U.S. Postal Service workers
- Manufacturing workers
- Education workers
- Clergy and other essential support for houses of worship
- Public transit workers
- Individuals caring for children or adults in early childhood and adult day programs
Montgomery County continues to pre-register and vaccinate people in Phase 1A and estimates it will be a few weeks before vaccine appointments will be available for people in Phase 1B. The list of underlying health conditions that qualify for Phase 1A has been expanded and is linked here
. If you have one of these conditions, please check “Yes” to the question of underlying health conditions on your registration.
If you have already pre-registered with Montgomery County Office of Public Health on the individual list, there is no need to register again.
To ensure equitable access for all, vaccine appointments for Phase 1B outside of the prioritized groups listed above will be released randomly, not by date registered. If people experience longer than normal wait times on the COVID-19 hotline or experience a website timeout, they are encouraged to come back to register at a later date.
Montgomery County will open pre-registration for the COVID-19 vaccine for all phases according to the following Pennsylvania Department of Health eligibility schedule:
- April 5 (Today) – Phase 1B
- Monday, April 12 – Phase 1C
- Monday, April 19 – Everyone
Demand for the vaccine remains high, therefore residents are asked for their patience as the vaccine rollout continues. Eligibility does not equal availability. Appointments will be released in accordance with supply.
For general COVID-19 questions or to pre-register for the vaccine by phone, call the Montgomery County COVID-19 hotline at (833) 875-3967. The hotline is open six days a week, Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Please note the hotline cannot provide updates or timelines on vaccine pre-registration, please refer to the instructions received in your confirmation email. General questions can be emailed to email@example.com