Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program

The program, established and administered by the County Commissioners and the Office of Housing and Community Development, is directed to assist low- and moderate-income households seeking to make home repairs to bring their properties up to code or correct deficiencies. The program is administered on a first come first serve basis.

Funds for the program are supplied through the county’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program.

Property Eligibility:

  • Property must be located within Montgomery County.
  • EXCLUDES properties located in Abington Township, Conshohocken Borough, Lower Merion Township, and Norristown Borough. Property owners in these four municipalities should contact their local township for available housing rehab programs.
  • Must be a single-family residence 


Household Income Limits

2022 Income limits (this updates annually)

Family/Household Size Maximum Income
1 person $59,050
2 person $67,450
3 person $75,900
4 person $84,300
5 person $91,050
6 person $97,800
7 person $104,550
8 person $111,300

Allowable Rehab

Up to $45,000 for (final assistance based on need): 

  • Heater system, furnace, and hot water replacement.
  • Repair of structural deficiencies that could lead to the collapse of roofs, floors, ceilings, stairs and/or framing.
  • Repair of plumbing system failures such as cracked potable water or sanitary lines.
  • Correction of electrical deficiencies that could result in shock or fire.
  • Correction of security deficiencies such as the replacement of exterior doors and windows.
  • Lateral connections to water and sanitary sewer extensions imposed by a local water authority or government.

Grant Terms

Eight year lien placed on property. Property must remain owner-occupied. Full repayment of loan due should property be sold or vacated as primary residence within 8 years. 

How to apply

The program currently has a waiting period of approximately 2-3 years. This is contingent on funding availability. There are no “emergency funds”. All interested parties should contact the Office of Housing & Community Development at (610) 278-3540 to be placed on the waiting list.