Trainings and Getting Involved
Suicide Prevention Trainings
YOU can be an important part of preventing suicide in your community. Understanding suicide prevention, intervention, and
- Counseling on Access to Lethal Means (CALM)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)/Youth Mental Health First Aid (
Make suicide prevention training and awareness a part of new hire orientations and ongoing staff development, no matter your business or industry.
FREE Suicide Prevention materials, including:
- Suicide Safe Mobile App for smartphones
- Suicide Assessment
Five-StepEvaluation and Triage Pocket Card for Clinicians
- Lifeline wallet cards and magnets
- Suicide Awareness brochures in English and Spanish
- Web banners and logos that can be added to websites and social media
About the Montgomery County Suicide Prevention Taskforce
The mission of the Montgomery County Suicide Prevention Taskforce is to decrease suicides in Montgomery County by increasing suicide prevention awareness, education, training, outreach efforts, and reducing stigma.
The Taskforce is comprised of HHS/County offices, external agencies, and community members. Their major projects include:
- Utilizing data specific to Montgomery County to inform prevention efforts
- Promoting/helping coordinate appropriate suicide prevention trainings and events
- Collaborating with individual school districts, colleges, and the community to promote Suicide Awareness and Prevention.
Monthly Taskforce Meetings
- When: 3rd Tuesday of every other month at 9:30am
- 12/13/22 (2nd Tuesday due to the holiday)