PA CareerLink® Montgomery County
News & upComing Events!
- The National Retail Federation's RiseUp Retail Industry Fundamentals Specialist training is available to Montgomery County residents looking to increase their skills. This course is online, self-paced and provides an industry recognized credential upon completion. For more information, or to register, please contact Terri Jones at TJones@montcopa.org.
Operational Updates as of 1/10/2022
At PA CareerLink® Montgomery County, meeting the needs of our career seekers and employers is a top priority.
Beginning Monday, January 10, PA CareerLink® Montgomery County will be open to the public by appointment only to best protect both customers and staff. This new schedule will remain in effect through January and be reevaluated as we develop our February calendar.
Give us a call at 610-270-3429 to schedule an appointment or to learn more about the many ways we can continue to help you through a full range of virtual services including:
- General Unemployment Compensation claim guidance and support (we do not determine eligibility but can help answer questions)
- Career Counseling
- A full menu of online workshops
- Short-term online and in-person (where available) training programs
- Support services which can include direct service referrals through our partnership with Community Connections, assistance with transportation (as needed), supplies/equipment needed for training or employment, and other supports needed to successfully complete their online training and enter employment (we are prepared to go as close to the edge of the box without going outside of it for support services).
Please call 610-270-3429 and follow the prompts based on your needs and a staff member will return your call as soon as possible.
PA CareerLink® Montgomery County Ribbon Cutting | August 12th 2021
PA CareerLink® Montgomery County, a proud partner of the American Job Center® Network, is your one-stop resource for employment and career advancement. Our team of Career Coaches and Business Service Representatives are on hand to assist job seekers and employers in Montgomery County.
Our team provides a wide range of services to businesses. For more information, visit our Business Services page.
Our monthly event calendar is posted below. Additional information, including workshop descriptions and how to register, can be accessed by clicking on the calendar.
To learn more about the range of services offered at PA CareerLink® Montgomery County, please visit the Career Services page.
PA CareerLink® Online
PA CareerLink® online is designed to make job searching easier. The site pulls in job feeds from various websites to assist with job searches in a central location. Job seekers using PA CareerLink® online have a larger database to research opportunities. Referrals, applications, and job search activities are stored and can be easily accessed for compliance with the unemployment work-search mandate. To visit PA CareerLink® online, go to www.pacareerlink.pa.gov.
The O*NET database identifies, defines, and describes the comprehensive elements of job performance in the world of work. It replaces the Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT).
O*NET is widely used in enrollment for participants who cannot articulate current skills.
PAsmart is a workforce development initiative that helps connect Pennsylvanians with resources for working and training in Pennsylvania.
LEARNING EXPRESS LIBRARY
SkillUp® PA offers the following features to any user who registers on PA CareerLink® online with a Keystone ID and provides an opportunity for students, career seekers and incumbent workers to gain invaluable skills in a virtual setting at no cost :
- 6,000+ courses in multiple languages
- Soft skills training
- Skill assessment and skill gap remediation
- 85% of courses are mobile-compatible
- 900+ Prove It! Assessments
- 130+ industry-recognized certifications
- 10 career pathways, 200 in-demand occupations
- Game-based learning mobile app