MontcoWorks administers workforce programming that is designed to meet the diverse needs of employers and job seekers in Montgomery County.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014 establishes local workforce development areas nationwide, tasked with the designation of available funding to stimulate economic development by strengthening the workforce. MontcoWorks serves Montgomery County as the local area’s workforce development board, providing market-driven information and services that align with regional and statewide workforce development planning.
MontcoWorks board members are appointed by the Montgomery County Board of Commissioners in accordance with WIOA regulations. Membership is comprised of business leaders (51%) and representatives from education, community organizations, economic development, labor organizations and PA CareerLink® Montgomery County partners.
Draft 2022-2023 High Priority Occupations List
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Workforce System has established High Priority Occupations (HPOs) as one component of Pennsylvania’s industry-driven approach to workforce development. The purpose of the HPO list is to align workforce training and education investments with occupations that are in demand by employers, have higher skill needs and are most likely to provide family-sustaining wages.
Read more about HPOs and the methodology used to determine inclusion on the list.
As the Workforce Development Board of Montgomery County, MontcoWorks is responsible for reviewing and submitting all HPO petitions to the PA Department of Labor's Center for Workforce Information & Analysis (CWIA) by close of business, June 10, 2022. CWIA will release the final 2022 HPO lists in August 2022.
- Provide up-to-date regional and local Labor Market Information to public and private sector decision-makers, guiding ongoing workforce programming
- Inventory, assess, and broker employment services to help facilitate seamless service delivery for Montgomery County’s businesses, adults, dislocated workers, incumbent workers, TANF-recipients, and youth
- Create a long-term local workforce development plan
- Develop policies that direct implementation of county-wide workforce programming
- Procure and provide oversight for operations and WIOA Title I service delivery at the PA CareerLink® Montgomery County, a proud partner of the American Job Center® Network. To visit PA CareerLink® online, go to www.pacareerlink.pa.gov
- Procure and provide oversight for service delivery of the Montgomery County Employment, Advancement and Retention Network (EARN) program
- Procure and provide oversight for service delivery of MontcoWorks NOW programming for youth and young adults ages 14-24
- Meet the needs of employers through innovative approaches to recruitment, on-the-job training, incumbent worker training and customized job training while looking ahead to help build a future pipeline of skilled workers.
- Promote Industry Partnerships among Montgomery County business leaders by sector, focusing a collaborative effort on planning for the current and future success of their respective industries.
Suzanne Ryan - Chair - External Affairs Manager, PECO Energy
Dorothy Miller - Vice Chair - Lab Services Coordinator, Merck & Co. Inc.
Jason Acree - President & Assistant Manager, LU126, IBEW
Dr. Victoria Bastecki-Perez - President, Montgomery County Community College
Kevin Boyle - Financial Secretary-Treasurer / Business Manager, Ironworkers’ Local Union No. 401
Kelly Canally-Brown - Director of Programs and Services, Family Services
Susan Clauser - Director of Adult Education, Keystone Opportunities Center
Michael Coakley - Director in Audit & Accounting Group, Kreischer Miller
Rochelle Culbreath - Public & Government Affairs Liaison, SEPTA
Marybeth Ferguson - Assistant Regional Director, Southeast Bureau of Workforce Partnership and Operations, Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry
Catherine Judge Cardillo - Director Pennsylvania Advocacy, Trinity Health
Pamela Kelly - President/CEO, Pennsuburban Chamber of Greater Montgomery County
Solomon Kim - Vice President of Financial Planning, Morgan Stanely Wealth Management
Wendy Klinghoffer - Executive Director, Eastern Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
France Krazalkovich - Vice President of Operations, KPInterface, Inc.
Peggy Lee-Clark - Executive Director, Pottstown Area Industrial Development, Inc. (PAID)
Kyle Longacre - Dean of Workforce and Economic Development, Montgomery County Community College
Barbara O’Malley - Deputy Chief Operating Officer, County of Montgomery
Paul Pappasergi - Director of Contracts Management, Eckerd Connects
Shanae Stallworth - Acting District Administrator, PA Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
Keith Taylor - President, Zachary's BBQ and Soul
Megan Tomlinson - Director of Events, Membership and Services, Valley Forge Tourism and Convention Board
2021-2024 WIOA Local Plan and Southeast Pennsylvania Regional Plan
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) requires local workforce development boards and workforce regions to develop and publish a strategic plan every four years that details workforce service delivery and compliance. The Montgomery County Workforce Development Board, MontcoWorks, is proud to post the Fiscal Years 2021-2024 WIOA Local Plan along with the Southeast Pennsylvania Regional Plan.
Programming is still available for youth through 24 years old. MontcoWorks*NOW staff are actively working with all enrolled program participants to ensure activities continue remotely. They are also planning to enroll additional participants remotely and can offer access to PA CareerLink® Montgomery County services plus the following:
Life-sustaining/community based Paid Work Experience
All enrolled participants are meeting ongoing requirements for their Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits through online/remote career development activities and have access to ongoing supportive services and case management. We are receiving new referrals and conducting enrollment orientations remotely.
Human Services Center
1430 DeKalb Street, 5th Floor
Norristown, PA 19401
Human Services Center
P.O. Box 311
Norristown, PA 19404
Dial 711 for TTY-based Telecommunications Relay Services
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Executive Director of MontcoWorks
Montgomery County Workforce Development Board